Wednesday, July 3, 2019

¡Hasta Luego Sevilla!

After two wonderful weeks in Sevilla, Spain, I have finally had to say goodbye. I had a wonderful time getting to know such kind people and becoming friends with both my host, Marta, and all of her friends. Her family was super welcoming and kind and they made my stay with them in Sevilla so easy and enjoyable.

Throughout my trip, I did many exciting things. First, I went to a fun event with my American friends the first night, and really got a taste of Spanish culture and fun. Soon into the trip, I visted Italica, which is a ruin-like location where an episode of Game of Thrones was filmed, and it used to be the home to many early settlers in Spain. After a hot day, it was nice to cool off at Isla Magica, the local waterpark where I went on rollercoasters and log rides with my American friends and our hosts. Every so often, my host family would take me down to the city of Seville, and we would visit many beautiful parts of the city, including the river, restaurants, and my personal favorite part, Plaza de España, a historical spot and the most popularly visited tourist location in Seville, where the movie Star Wars was supposedly filmed. Afterwards, Marta and I walked towards the "American Square" and fed pigeons (see the image below). Throughout the trip, I also visited the pool a lot and even went to the beach one night after school. One Saturday, I also celebrated the 17th birthday of my host Marta's best friend Rosea. It was super fun getting to bond with my host and her friends, and I know I will never forget the friendships I made in this beautiful city.

I am sad to leave Sevilla, but I know that the experience I had and the memories I made will last forever. Though my host Marta has already visited me in America, some of my friends' hosts are coming to visit in September and I am so excited to see them again and show them around California.

Hasta luego Sevilla and thank you for an amazing trip,
Caroline



No comments:

Post a Comment