Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Sad to leave Barcelona

When I had to leave Barcelona I had mixed emotions because I missed my dogs, my bed, and some things from home but I also loved being with Txell's family, learning knew things, and seeing cool things. I was conflcited because I got to know Txell, Aina and Nel very well and they joked around with me and we teased each other, similair to how I am with my siblings. Her parents were also very welcoming and made me feel very comforabtle in their family. One thing I really apprecited was that we always had at least one sit down family meal which I always love to do in my family but we often don't get to do it because with four kids with all different schedules it is hard to get everyone in one place. This was a really nice way to get to know the family and make it feel more like home.
Also, I loved getting to know Txell's friends because they were all a little shy at first and didn't speak english but once we got comforable with each other most of them knew english and we were able to communicate with the little spanish I know and the little english they know. I think getting to know her friends and family is what made the trip so different than a trip with my family. Although there are some benefits to traveling with my family I think getting to expeirence the real day to day life is what I loved most. I am exctied for Txell to come in August and I hope I will be able to reciperacate the good expeirence.

No comments:

Post a Comment