Monday, June 24, 2019

Adios Sevilla

Over my final weekend in Sevilla, we visited the Plaza of España which was very beautiful. In addition to this, we also visited the gardens next to the Plaza. After that we went on a boat ride through the Plaza. I really enjoyed seeing these famous places in Sevilla and I learned a lot about Spanish architecture, history, and culture. On Monday, after school, we also went to the Alcazar Palace. This was really beautiful as well and it was so interesting to learn about the history of empires that were in Spain that still effect the architecture, culture, and language today. On Tuesday during the day, all the exchange students in Sevilla went to the Roman Ruins for an excursion. This was also really interesting and our guide spoke in Spanish and I understood everything which shows just how much my comprehension skills have improved over the past 3 weeks that I’ve been here. In my last couple days in Spain, I feel like I’ve settled into a new routine and I’ve gotten increasingly comfortable with speaking Spanish with my exchange student and her family.

Overall, I’ve had a great time in Spain and I have really enjoyed learning about the culture and getting to improve my language skills. I am grateful to my exchange student for all of her help and patience when I was speaking to her or her family and friends. I am also grateful to my entire host family for being so accommodating and always making sure I was ok (even in simple ways). I am thankful for the exchange coordinator both in Sevilla and back in California for making the experience at school very smooth. I have really enjoyed this experience and I am so glad to have received the opportunity to do this through the Sacred Heart Schools. My exchange student will visit California and come to school with me in September. I am excited to see her again and show her some cultural sights around the Bay Area.





No comments:

Post a Comment