Sunday, June 2, 2019

Getting ready for exchange.

I am about to leave for Seville Spain, and I am ready and excited for this amazing experience. I feel comfortable knowing my exchange partner (Curro) and having FaceTimed with him and his family at least five times. With the group of people going to Spain, we got a sample of the Sevillan cuisine at a tapas restaurant, and I loved it. In order to prepare for my trip I have been practicing my Spanish, and packing my bag excessively.

I am excited to meet Curro’s family in person, and getting to spend time in a Spanish speaking country. There is no better way to learn a language than to immerse yourself in it and it’s culture. I am looking forward to seeing the beautiful Seville and practicing my Spanish. I am also looking forward to seeing how everyday life is lived outside of the U.S., and how their lives differ from ours. I hope that I come back from this experience as a better Spanish speaker and a more well rounded person.

--Niko M.

No comments:

Post a Comment