Monday, June 3, 2019

Preparing For My Exciting Adventure

        I am lucky enough to have the opportunity at SHP to travel across the world to another school in the Sacred Heart network, which is something not many students can say. I am more excited than nervous to visit my exchange student, Elise, at her school in Bondues, France. Luckily, I have already had the opportunity to host her, so I know her very well. Ever since she left, we have been communicating through social media and counting down the days until I visit her. In the three weeks that she was here, she came to school with me, improved her already pristine English-speaking skills, came with me on Spring Break to Southern California, and experienced some of the best cultural parts of the Bay Area (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Stanford, etc).
         I truly cannot wait to visit Elise for multiple reasons. First, I missed her so much and cannot wait to see her again. During her three weeks in California, we became extremely close, almost like sisters. I cannot wait to meet her family, since her mom has been so sweet. I am also excited to see what it is like to be a French student, since I have heard stories and stereotypes, but I would like to see for myself. I am also excited to see what she does in her free time, as we have very similar hobbies. We both love horseback riding, and she goes to the stables every weekend. I am hoping to practice my French-speaking skills and immerse myself in her culture alongside one of my close friends, Sophia. Fortunately, I feel very well-prepared for this exciting adventure.


.

1 comment:

  1. Je suis très contente que vous puissiez aller vivre en France, chère Katie ! C’est absolument magnifique !
    Je vous souhaite beaucoup de très beaux et amusants moments en France, en compagnie d’Elise, de sa famille et de ses amis.
    Je vais suivre votre blog avec beaucoup d’intéret !
    Passez d’excellentes vacances en France !
    Madame Gautier

    ReplyDelete