Monday, June 3, 2019

Getting ready to go to Madrid

Tomorrow, I will go to Madrid, Spain to visit my exchange partner Pablo. Pablo came with his brother, Javier, who was hosted by Alex Wick, earlier this year and we had a great time hosting them. When they were here, we showed them around the Bay Area, San Francisco, and even Los Angeles one weekend. Since he left, Pablo and I have been communicating via Instagram, and he has told me about many of the fun things his family has been doing the past few months. Also, he has told me about the excursions he and his brother plan to take me and Alex on, which sound like lots of fun.

I am incredibly excited to go to Madrid for a variety of reasons. For one, I have never been to Madrid, but am excited to see the distinct culture of the city and its surrounding areas. Also, I rarely have the opportunity to travel with friends, and I think it will be lots of fun to do so with both my friend from school and new international friend. Finally, I have never travelled without my parents before, so I believe going on exchange will be a maturing experience for me. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment