Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Salut Amiens!

I am two weeks into my stay here in Amiens, and I have two weeks left to go. I arrived through Charles de Gaulle Airport and Meryem's sister and dad were there to pick me up because Meryem was in an exam. This was the first true test of my French, as neither of them speaks English and I think I did pretty well, although I did not understand as much as I would have liked. However, two weeks into my stay, I can confidently say that my French speaking and comprehension abilities have become much better than they were when I first arrived here.

So far, we have been to Disneyland, Astérix Park, Paris, and Versailles, as well as explore Amiens. All of these excursions have been very fun, although Paris and Versailles were my favorites. Versailles is so pretty and you need a whole day to just explore the Château, and another day dedicated to the gardens. Paris is also beautiful, and I loved seeing the city from the Eiffel Tower. Next weekend, we are going to Belgium and I am so excited for the new experience and to see the city of Brussels. As well as see different parts of France, I have also explored the town of Amiens. The cathedral here is the tallest cathedral in France, and we saw a light show projected onto the cathedral at night, which was very pretty. I am so excited for these next two weeks and can't wait to spend more time here in France.
                                                               Meryem and I at Disneyland Paris
Meryem, her sister, Aby, and I on the Second Floor of the Eiffel Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment