Saturday, June 8, 2019

Preparing for My Trip to Barcelona

I am writing this hours before I head to the airport, and I am nervous but very excited. I'm worried about all the unknowns, but I know that when I get there I will feel more relaxed because I will get to meet my nice host family and adjust to their lives. I think my nerves are also mixed in with excitement because I have never traveled to Barcelona and I am inquisitive to see what it is like. My host family seems very kind, and when we talked over facetime, it seems they are fun and easygoing. This will likely make my transition easy because my family seemed similar.

I am most excited about seeing the Sacred Heart school because, over my ten years, I have had the privilege of seeing 3 other Sacred Hearts, but none in Europe. I think schools will have some similarities,  but mostly differences because it is in the middle of the city. I am also super excited to get to experience the culture; including the food and little nuances that we do not have in the US. While I am in Barcelona, I will get to experience a holiday which I think will be very cool in contrast to how my culture celebrates holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment