Thursday, June 6, 2019

Traveling to Sevilla!

I leave for Sevilla in two days for my exchange trip there. I am so excited to travel and meet my exchange student, Lucia. We have talked through social media and have a lot of shared interests. Because of this, I am not too nervous because I feel like I know her pretty well, even though it has been such a short time. I do not know exactly what I am doing yet but she says she has planned a lot of exciting activities. I am also looking forward to trying the local food and experiencing the culture of Sevilla. When I go to the Sacred Heart school there, I am interested to see the school and its own environment and rules.


However, I am more nervous to speak Spanish there because, even though I have known the language for a long time, I will have trouble communicating it conversationally. I think Lucia and her parents will be really friendly and help me with this part, as well as the other people there. I hope to improve my Spanish skills a lot and have conversations with locals sometime during the trip. Even though it will be hard to assimilate to the culture there, I think it will be a fun and interesting way to see the community without being too isolated being with Lucia. I am going to get ready soon for the trip but can't wait to meet her when I get there! Even though I have travelled to many parts in Europe including Barcelona, I am sure it will be a very different culture and landscape from what I saw there, but still be familiar. I hope Lucia and I will get to know each other well and this will make the trip fun and impactful! I am going to learn more about Seville in the next days and prepare my bag for the trip before I leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment