Tuesday, June 4, 2019

¡Vamos a Sevilla!


In a week from today, it will be the night before I leave for Sevilla, Spain. If you had asked me how I was feeling a few weeks ago, I would have said I was very anxious to leave and go into something so unfamiliar. But now, as my departure approaches, I am just feeling excited. I am looking forward to meeting Lucia and my host family, traveling to a new country, and immersing myself completely in an entirely new culture and language. 

To prepare for the trip, obviously I have been practicing my Spanish. I have listened to a lot of good Spanish music lately and I'm rewatching one of my favorite shows, Élite. I have talked to Lucia over WhatsApp, and she has told me some things I should make sure to bring. We also followed each other on Instagram. Overall, I think we are both are very excited for the trip. 

Although I am very excited, I am not too sure about how great my Spanish speaking skills will be. It’s not that I don’t understand anything, but I am just hoping I will understand enough of what people are saying to understand what is going on. So I am also really hoping that this trip will help me improve in my speaking and comprehension of Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment