Tuesday, June 4, 2019

See you in Barcelona!

As my departure approaches, I get more excited every day! I can’t wait to finally meet my host family and become apart of the culture in Barcelona. I have never been to Europe before so I am very excited to explore this new continent, country, and city! I am most especially excited to visit the Sacred Heart School in Barcelona and see how similar/different it is to SHP. On top of that, I am really eager to visit the beach and the Barcelona stadium. I feel very prepared to talk to my host family in Spanish as well as learn a bit of Catalan! I want to make new friends in Spain that I will always keep with me, as well as meet some of the students there who my friends from SHP are living with. I look forward to seeing what it is like to be a teenager in Spain and how it compares to the United States. This entire trip will be a new experience for me and I am beyond excited to meet my family on June 13.
Recently, I have been talking with my exchange student, Laia, about her interests and about what a typical day in Barcelona is like. I am gathering the gifts that I plan to bring her and her family from different places around the Bay Area. I have also called her two times to talk about my flight details and about the weather and what to pack. We constantly WhatsApp to check in with each other about how our weeks have been going and about any specific details I may need to know in order to prepare for my trip. The clock is ticking down and I am so happy that I will be leaving for Barcelona in just one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment