Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Almost to Amiens!

I have about a week until I leave for Amiens, and I am feeling a mix of nervousness and excitement. Meryem's family speaks no English, so while I know that this will make me a better French speaker, I am also nervous because I will have to rely on my French comprehension and speaking skills to communicate with Meryem's family. My family had a Skype call with Meryem's family last weekend which was very helpful because it helped me understand what daily life will be like for me and Meryem.

I am so excited to be able to explore the town of Amiens and learn what a typical day is like in France. While I have visited the tourist destinations of Paris and Marseille, I want to know what a regular day in a small French town is like. I am also excited to visit Châteaus and museums in France to learn more about French cultural history.

No comments:

Post a Comment